- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
labeling Mapuche storage Nutcracker running stitch conservation museum clothes photographs marriage Soviet Epoch care Brazilian packing braiding technique stitches wool St Gall mechanical aids sprang accessories Sculptors pattern-taking collecting costume Stories leavers Printing on fabric needle lace crochet lace weaving transportation addresses copy surface satin stitch boxes Pintrest Jute opera cotton reused clothes Moulins Kongedragter display Huipil Paco Rabanne hospital heavy and awkward handling Reconstruction public Raymonda labels Underwear Ethics exhibition Lace reproduction archives pattern Angel showcase