- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
archival materials Kongedragter display case empress Code of Ethics for Museums Facebook Royal Gala video Planning fashion checklist fashionable dress Ethics space photography donor darning stitch St Gallen diversity of backgrounds digital Leather sewing techniques dress arsenic braiding technique protection mannequins children reused clothes transportation Guatemala Felting Nutcracker leavers exhibition space running stitch purse documentation cuffs cap stockings Shanghai mauvine surface satin stitch split stitch allergens needle lace Feathers Museo Histórico Nacional theatre details Blogs database identifying stitches pest management Raschel Pattern macramé weaving Royal Collections feelings Coolmax