- 1. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... or copy? Materials Expenses Time frame What happens to copies afterwards? What resources can a museum offer? Examples Mette Vejgaard Petersen: Reconstruction of the wedding dress of Mette ...
- 2. Clothing and Collecting Policies
- (Working with clothes)
- ... a suit, for example, will be so much easier if you have the blouse that was worn with it, or a wedding dress with the veil. These items might not be offered because they may not have survived or they may ...
- 3. 1962 Dress Memories
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Sartorial memories of a defining year Alexandra Kim ICOM Costume Committee board member In 2012, to celebrate a fabulous fifty years of the ICOM Costume Committee, we asked our members to ...
selection criteria outline stitch Coolmax storage Sculptors ombré roll stitch Cendrillon forming heavy and awkward handling Acid-free wearer necklace Ponchos Collections Trust UK Felting giraffe Stories transportation exhibition The Tudor Child masks dictatorship opera Laos Donkey Man Polyester fabrics digital boxes dwarf knit tradition customs Bodily Memory blanket stitch moving Casse Noisette reproduction Giselle floral ornaments paper lining chain stitch seamstress Huipil conservation theatre 19th century Underwear materials disaster planning Tiziano Vecelli Useful addresses Queen Mary of Hungary vintage fashion fibers Royal Museum of Mariemont legend lace pattern