- 1. Reconstructing the Dress of Queen Mary of Hungary
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Claire Derriks Curator Emeritus, Royal Museum of Mariemont (Belgium) How to introduce new audiences to past histories and cultural heritage through a portrait of Queen Mary of Hungary who ...
- 2. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... existing or from paintings, as inspiration for their own work (as example the artist Isabella Borchgrave, Belgium, who recreates historical costume in paper) if the museum is concerned about how a copy ...
- 3. Preventive Conservation
- (Working with clothes)
- ... La conservation préventive: une méthodologie d’approche basée sur le monitoring (FR), presentation at l´Université de Liège, Liège, Belgium Nobuko Kajitani: Care of Fabrics in the Museum (1977) in ...
archives weaving fibers Padding cross stitch midget identification of lace cutwork and needlework Thailand stem stitch paper insurance interview photography Belgium cross-stitch 19th century wool Charles V dangerous Weaving Photographs Theater silk textile technique fabric date Royal Gala video documentation Goretex folk dress pattern-taking arsenic transport drama purse marriage Canadian selection criteria customs uniform 20th century crucifix photographs color symbolism storage Mapuche Alto Peru Le Lac des cygnes Soviet Epoch accession number heavy and awkward handling checklist Jute acid-free tag tradition inspiration Raymonda Useful addresses collective identity