- 1. Reconstructing the Dress of Queen Mary of Hungary
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Claire Derriks Curator Emeritus, Royal Museum of Mariemont (Belgium) How to introduce new audiences to past histories and cultural heritage through a portrait of Queen Mary of Hungary who ...
- 2. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... existing or from paintings, as inspiration for their own work (as example the artist Isabella Borchgrave, Belgium, who recreates historical costume in paper) if the museum is concerned about how a copy ...
- 3. Preventive Conservation
- (Working with clothes)
- ... La conservation préventive: une méthodologie d’approche basée sur le monitoring (FR), presentation at l´Université de Liège, Liège, Belgium Nobuko Kajitani: Care of Fabrics in the Museum (1977) in ...
hair indigenous peoples stripes deterioriation professional dress pattern-taking insurance database pants heavy metals traditional outfit Busts and mannequins linen Leaves to Beads heavy and awkward handling burn test photography reconstruction symbolism ribbon Blogs locally made clothes details refugees Paco Rabanne ICOM cotton print dress seamstress handling mercury courtship Social white cotton Acid-free giraffe data record Flannel fibers Olympic Games Silk chemical lace Tizian contagious residue personal narrative archives accession reproduction personal attitudes identifying lace Museo Histórico Nacional Guidelines mannequins lining sprang velvet machinery Canadian wool narrative leavers