- 1. Reconstructing the Dress of Queen Mary of Hungary
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Claire Derriks Curator Emeritus, Royal Museum of Mariemont (Belgium) How to introduce new audiences to past histories and cultural heritage through a portrait of Queen Mary of Hungary who ...
- 2. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... existing or from paintings, as inspiration for their own work (as example the artist Isabella Borchgrave, Belgium, who recreates historical costume in paper) if the museum is concerned about how a copy ...
- 3. Preventive Conservation
- (Working with clothes)
- ... La conservation préventive: une méthodologie d’approche basée sur le monitoring (FR), presentation at l´Université de Liège, Liège, Belgium Nobuko Kajitani: Care of Fabrics in the Museum (1977) in ...
stitch collecting policy Royal Danish Collections Collections Trust UK identifying lace Leaves to Beads embroidery disaster planning blanket stitch collective identity cotton silk Le Lac des cygnes cutwork and needlework accession cross reference Museo Histórico Nacional Nylon Raymonda Lady in White cross stitch femininity 20th century kings' garments Royal Museum of Mariemont elasticity group identity traditional outfit white cotton mercury uniform idioms vacuum Stories Reconstruction interlinking shoes Twitter knit stem stitch dangerous Theater midget health safety lead chemical lace photographs museum beliefs hospital portrait Manneken-Pis Rayon Cotton fibers handling Chile 19th century stripes popular culture