- 1. Clothes Tell Wonderful Wishes
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Li Xiaojun Shanghai Museum of Textile and Costume In former times, Chinese parents worried that their young children were at risk from various evils. It was thought that these could be avoided ...
- 2. Dress and Personal Narrative
- (Working with clothes)
- ... I can wear whatever I want. (Curator’s voice) During the recent decades, Yunnan Province of China became the major centre specializing in the production of commercial folk costumes destined for the ...
folk culture materials Reconstruction lining story documentation accession personal identity leather cotton Cendrillon opera collective identity public macramé legend packing unpacking Alto Peru Planning lace dictatorship Chile Flannel nurse Useful addresses collar false weave crochet Leather ballet wearer traditional outfit La Belle au bois dormant Price tags buttonhole stitch jacket transportation moving Useful 1962 elasticity contents textile weaves fiber dust pants pattern-taking identifying fibers pattern stripes Busts and mannequins identifying lace personal memories Tiziano Vecelli surface satin stitch masculine culture exhibition courtship stem stitch stitches