- 1. Clothes Tell Wonderful Wishes
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Li Xiaojun Shanghai Museum of Textile and Costume In former times, Chinese parents worried that their young children were at risk from various evils. It was thought that these could be avoided ...
- 2. Dress and Personal Narrative
- (Working with clothes)
- ... I can wear whatever I want. (Curator’s voice) During the recent decades, Yunnan Province of China became the major centre specializing in the production of commercial folk costumes destined for the ...
transporting filet lace textile weaves opera personal narrative chemicals Useful Qing Dynasty contagious residue La Belle au bois dormant label collar fabrics public Cotton wool Mette Bagge Kiær transportation Pattern-taking professional dress Bibliography date Royal Collections traditional costume accessioning identifying fabrics 19th century identifying stitches sewing techniques shoes knit khila't giraffe checklist 18th century lining lace Heavily altered items leather Marking Wool personal memories Acid-free photographs burn test disaster planning popular culture protection Theater costume Underwear mannequin holes Bodily Memory Facebook Flax risk Useful addresses database symbolism archives