- 1. Clothes Tell Wonderful Wishes
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Li Xiaojun Shanghai Museum of Textile and Costume In former times, Chinese parents worried that their young children were at risk from various evils. It was thought that these could be avoided ...
- 2. Dress and Personal Narrative
- (Working with clothes)
- ... I can wear whatever I want. (Curator’s voice) During the recent decades, Yunnan Province of China became the major centre specializing in the production of commercial folk costumes destined for the ...
femininity display pest management Identification Alto Peru Cotton documentation storage identifying stitches mannequin Pattern Queen Mary of Hungary St Gall fashionable dress Social Flax Shanghai collection leather forming interlinking Balmaceda weave linen exhibition Royal Collections transportation Hemp Coolmax chain stitch beliefs heavy and awkward handling bride sewing techniques masculine culture contamination Guatemala hair Heavily altered items Storing empress exhibition space Fabrics ICOM Donkey Man cutwork and needlework outloans Feathers 20th century Underwear Australia SPECTRUM pattern-taking WildWorks machinery Digital Thailand Printing on fabric transport weaving