- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... the history of lace, see “Exhibition St Gall” HANDMADE LACE Bobbin Lace Plaited openwork fabric made with bobbins, creating a network of threads formed into any design with ground ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... bobbin lace may be considered an invention of the Renaissance. The two lace production centres of Venice and Flanders ranked among the most prosperous cities and regions of Europe. The Renaissance ...
St Gall vacuum Royal Gala video China wedding dress clothes stitch legend emotions mannequin Royal Danish Collections Weaving Le Lac des cygnes addresses collecting policy seamstress collection uniform Costume idioms stitches labels reconstruction Raschel cutwork and needlework Knitting Identification weaving WildWorks QR code nurse macramé personal attitudes Social velvet Bodily Memory Moulins empress 19th century 18th century padding exhibition Munich database identifying stitches Cendrillon damage packing weave mercury surface satin stitch dress Gallen wool crewel stitch fabric folk culture jacket policies Sculptors preventive conservation