- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... the history of lace, see “Exhibition St Gall” HANDMADE LACE Bobbin Lace Plaited openwork fabric made with bobbins, creating a network of threads formed into any design with ground ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... bobbin lace may be considered an invention of the Renaissance. The two lace production centres of Venice and Flanders ranked among the most prosperous cities and regions of Europe. The Renaissance ...
jacket Weaving mannequins Silk Chinese traditional Costume accession vacuum prints The Tudor Child French knot Nutcracker beliefs conservation Leaves to Beads dress St Gall Bibliography fabrics inspiration story exhibition Queen Mary of Hungary Huipil silk pants tradition Hmong embroidery textile technique stem stitch Busts and mannequins Princess Margaret photography Ethics textile techniques crochet bride Hans Maler boxes Printing on fabric 1970s cross reference packing 20th century selection criteria Thailand policies customs wool Le Lac des cygnes exhibition space stitches construction Useful addresses Tiziano Vecelli fashion textile fibers color symbolism symbolism legend