- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... the history of lace, see “Exhibition St Gall” HANDMADE LACE Bobbin Lace Plaited openwork fabric made with bobbins, creating a network of threads formed into any design with ground ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... bobbin lace may be considered an invention of the Renaissance. The two lace production centres of Venice and Flanders ranked among the most prosperous cities and regions of Europe. The Renaissance ...
date details construction Don Quichotte lining Social Donkey Man addresses WildWorks popular culture Barbados festivals cross reference Princess Margaret database shuttle dress Shaggy Bear portrait Gallen donor accession number Theater Royal Museum of Mariemont documentation purse Ribbons Pattern-taking sewing techniques personal attitudes warp transporting crochet lace St Gallen insurance ombré roll stitch Taoist jacket Royal Gala video stripes Mette Bagge Kiær Royal Collections wearer Feathers forming Roméo et Juliette handling receipts Sculptors Prince Frederik's coat 19th century filet lace Zuzu conservation showcase Giselle Useful addresses vacuum contents label Felting