- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
reconstruction Kensington Palace photography stitch 20th century narrative lining Zuzu bobbin lace masculine culture Photographs mannequins stem stitch blanket stitch tunic protection from evil Thailand Giselle crochet lace leavers accessioning theatre running stitch needle lace necklace Princess Margaret Price tags Hmong stripes Theater symbolism fatal garter mask interlinking personal memories folk dress poison heavy and awkward handling Nutcracker collecting policy Hemp guidelines group identity Charles V femininity sprang Identification weaving pattern-taking exhibition sewing techniques Coolmax risk museum embroidery material wedding dress children Royal Danish Collections Queen Elizabeth II