- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
database construction moving Royal Museum of Mariemont wool silk midget cuffs cap stockings contamination digital symbolism archival materials Queen Juliane Marie Royal Collections long and short stitch documentation pattern-taking Rayon alpaca hair knit The Tudor Child display running stitch warp embroidery cutwork and needlework lead exhibition Roméo et Juliette Cotton self couching Accessories elasticity Twitter Padding uniform accessories padding French knot Bodily Memory traditional outfit stockings stripes reused clothes inspiration courtship Goretex storage children stitches Guidelines crochet lace donor professional dress QR code preventive conservation Identification photographs legend