- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
reconstruction conservation Mapuche database Bodily Memory stripes pants stem stitch wool empress collective identity sailor suit copy Hans Maler details collecting policy bobbin lace traditional outfit moving fibers shuttle linen Lady in White identifying fabrics Moulins Underwear holes forming Preparing marriage QR code bride allergens Belgium folk dress exhibition space Pattern wearer Bibliography protection from evil donor long and short stitch selection criteria tunic necklace exhibition deterioriation photos machinery photography Prince Frederik diversity of backgrounds knitted lace Blogs identifying lace accession patterns prints pattern-taking display