- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
lining Huipil Soviet Epoch Kensington Palace Cotton Silk cross-stitch materials dress long and short stitch hair fabrics Preparing the public bar code Heavily altered items linen Weaving Donkey Man weaving embroidery construction Leather beliefs miser's purse group identity Queen Mary of Hungary military uniforms midget Knitting empress silk personal attitudes necklace Social acid-free tag Royal Museum of Mariemont clothes Raymonda Useful addresses Wool tunic Felting receipts collecting costume storage Gallen transportation Shaggy Bear interview 19th century 20th century lace professional dress gown Hans Maler WildWorks Chile Roméo et Juliette museum color symbolism