- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
Code of Ethics for Museums legend Kongedragter Gallen fabrics space embroidery stitches reconstruction knit stitch 18th century Reconstruction hospital collar mannequins nurse SPECTRUM Cendrillon wool fiber dust 19th century shoes packing stored lace conservation material Polyester accession number exhibition personal identity Theater courtship personal narrative cross-stitch 20th century Mother Sally Moulins embroidery media protection Mette Bagge Kiær folk dress José Miguel Carrera Royal Museum of Mariemont cross stitch stripes QR code chemicals cutwork and needlework personal memories fibers Royal Gala video pest management storage Costume idioms mannequin fashion manufacture bobbin lace