- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
construction French knot boxes accessioning Mette Bagge Kiær Queen Mary of Hungary receipts silk undergarments ombré roll stitch Rosenborg Castle Royal Gala video Flannel knickers photographs sailor suit festivals Sculptors Giselle insurance pesticide crochet marking and labeling identifying lace Silk Casse Noisette Jute reconstruction display case split stitch conservation garment collecting costume mask Ethics transportation Pattern-taking Canadian 20th century angel Mapuche patterns selection criteria fabric pattern-taking stored future considerations Costume idioms interview apron Knitting dwarf The Tudor Child chain-link mesh wedding dress khila't unpacking policy Taoist jacket embroidery