- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
Busts and mannequins weaving 19th century folk dress pants darning stitch transport Reconstruction silk reproduction museums checklist Bibliography storage area sewing techniques warp future considerations empress collecting costume leavers dress mauvine Cendrillon beliefs Accessories fashionable dress textile weaves wool China photography pattern heavy and awkward handling transporting children Ponchos collar exhibition tatting lace drama La Belle au bois dormant stripes deterioriation construction 1950s Mette Bagge Kiær St Gallen packing gown Royal Museum of Mariemont Australia Collections Trust UK knickers manufacture Heavily altered items Raymonda material idioms portrait shoes mechanical aids