- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
reconstruction drama disaster planning dictatorship stitches stripes space stockings marking and labeling professional dress Royal Collections lace digital Cendrillon garment knit Barbados heavy and awkward handling crochet lace midget Underwear false weave pattern-taking Guatemala cutwork and needlework Taoist jacket documentation Don Quichotte policy fatal garter identifying stitches Belgium Moulins cotton shuttle courtship blanket stitch museum embroidery Royal Museum of Mariemont Gallen interview Costume idioms interlacing and intertwining Rosenborg Castle care Alto Peru accessories gown Fleecemaking wearer sleeve health safety khila't Queen Juliane Marie running stitch preventive conservation weaving fabrics stored