- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... MACHINE MADE LACE The 19th century saw the development of machine lace which was capable of cleverly imitating handmade lace and thus undercutting its cost. Chemical lace (is in ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... of eastern Swiss chemical lace tells the story from the 19th century to the future. The exhibition enabled visitors to plunge into five centuries of workmanship 1500-1700 Needle and ...
mannequins Quick Response Acid-free exhibition diversity of backgrounds Hemp mauvine Swan Lake Casse Noisette knitted garments label accession photostats Nutcracker shoes empress garment guidelines fashionable dress pattern 20th century Underwear false weave Storing Mantas locally made clothes Preparing Wool hair miser's purse identifying stitches Silk documentation Publications tunic Charles V archival materials hospital chain stitch deterioriation bar code contagious residue public midget crochet lace Ethics stitches Guidelines packing data record collecting costume Leaves to Beads database knitted lace opera running stitch photography Lady in White Balmaceda wearer