- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... or the cutting away of portions of the textile. The open spaces are reinforced and filled with embroidery or needle lace. Filet Lace (is in fact embroidery) Knotted loops worked in rows, ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... lace were reminiscent of Baroque needle lace. Until the turn of the century lace remained very much in fashion. At that time both, handmade lace and lace finished by machine were in great demand. ...
fashion details Hemp silk fabrics policies transportation cotton children Angel hospital pesticide Cotton indigenous peoples collar Olympic Games weave space reproduction packing Theater lead folk dress Zuzu storage boxes WildWorks accession Pattern Roméo et Juliette angel Taoist jacket Manneken-Pis storage area Tiziano Vecelli embroidery stitches damage Chinese traditional Costume tunic Rayon ballet display archives weaving surface satin stitch padding wedding dress symbolism beliefs copy Titian stripes floral ornaments textile weaves photostats embroidery false weave 18th century fiber dust Marking