- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... or the cutting away of portions of the textile. The open spaces are reinforced and filled with embroidery or needle lace. Filet Lace (is in fact embroidery) Knotted loops worked in rows, ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... lace were reminiscent of Baroque needle lace. Until the turn of the century lace remained very much in fashion. At that time both, handmade lace and lace finished by machine were in great demand. ...
folk dress bride vintage fashion reconstruction knitted garments stripes Identification pattern-taking stem stitch Hmong Taoist jacket photographs damage forming exhibition lace textile weaves Swan Lake gown sprang conservation vacuum Twitter Guatemala Ribbons Heavily altered items contamination Casse Noisette weaving preventive conservation Lady in White archival materials Ethics indigenous peoples transportation Publications Busts and mannequins lining shuttle Ponchos pattern outline stitch 18th century photography khila't display case 1950s uniform ombré roll stitch tatting lace Stories Manneken-Pis Photographs Quick Response masculine culture contents Hemp date Zuzu cotton