- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... or the cutting away of portions of the textile. The open spaces are reinforced and filled with embroidery or needle lace. Filet Lace (is in fact embroidery) Knotted loops worked in rows, ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... lace were reminiscent of Baroque needle lace. Until the turn of the century lace remained very much in fashion. At that time both, handmade lace and lace finished by machine were in great demand. ...
Mapuche identifying stitches boxes khila't Accessories Silk cross reference masculine culture Publications dress machinery heavy metals clothes photos dwarf Polyester Leather Taoist jacket shuttle fibers protection reconstruction exhibition 20th century Casse Noisette Terminology stripes media Giselle Photographs uniform Bibliography chain-link mesh silk danger chemical lace angel bobbin lace theatre addresses Alto Peru Comparative items storage long and short stitch Paco Rabanne dangerous empress Don Quichotte split stitch purse accessioning indigenous peoples collar folk culture warp pants Chinese traditional Costume folk dress acid-free tag forming