- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... or the cutting away of portions of the textile. The open spaces are reinforced and filled with embroidery or needle lace. Filet Lace (is in fact embroidery) Knotted loops worked in rows, ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... lace were reminiscent of Baroque needle lace. Until the turn of the century lace remained very much in fashion. At that time both, handmade lace and lace finished by machine were in great demand. ...
deterioriation transportation leavers dictatorship unpacking stored 20th century Weaving opera mauvine Qing Dynasty damage exhibition Patterns weaving crucifix khila't textile techniques mannequin Barbados fiber dust Guatemala Paco Rabanne purse Titian dwarf weave dangerous Underwear Nutcracker fabrics vacuum exhibition space knitted lace hospital Don Quichotte Bibliography sailor suit darning stitch data record space preventive conservation drama cutwork and needlework showcase narrative wool apron Storing Ramie wedding dress self couching personal attitudes allergens cuffs cap stockings museums nurse display festivals