- 1. Identifying Lace: various names and techniques
- (Working with clothes)
- ... or the cutting away of portions of the textile. The open spaces are reinforced and filled with embroidery or needle lace. Filet Lace (is in fact embroidery) Knotted loops worked in rows, ...
- 2. St Gallen – the story of lace
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... lace were reminiscent of Baroque needle lace. Until the turn of the century lace remained very much in fashion. At that time both, handmade lace and lace finished by machine were in great demand. ...
shoes Polyester reconstruction textile fibers unpacking seamstress sleeve identification of lace elasticity Comparative items Theater lining marriage museum silk idioms apron Alto Peru Padding Balmaceda Hans Maler interlacing and intertwining Ramie stripes Raymonda display case documentation pesticide garment nursing schools mercury Photographs public collar exhibition contamination damage folk culture children locally made clothes space courtship pattern-taking ICOM Identification alpaca hair Ribbons wedding dress storage Nutcracker Goretex crochet labels selection criteria identifying fibers personal memories Costume idioms 20th century health safety Museo Histórico Nacional