- 1. Planning a Costume Exhibition - a checklist
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... accessories use proper replica undergarments for shaping and for protecting the museum objects make/buy/borrow/adapt mannequins Preparing the space for exhibition ...
- 2. Anna Maria, the Queen’s Midget
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- ... years after her death, and is still part of the Royal Collections at Rosenborg Castle. Undressing the figure for conservation revealed that she wore miniature stays, hip pads, undergarments, a fashionable ...
- 3. Clothing and Collecting Policies
- (Working with clothes)
- ... to teenagers, to show how their clothing changed. Underwear – people are fascinated by undergarments, especially the way in which shaping underwear help to provide a silhouette. Collecting undergarments ...
mannequins accessioning reconstruction Pintrest Heavily altered items 20th century exhibition conservation diversity of backgrounds fibers photos material lead Theater costume Nutcracker Barbados angel guidelines collecting costume theatre Felting crucifix festivals hair China Charles V Mette Bagge Kiær Guidelines marriage dress prints allergens Accessories 1962 materials policy military uniforms paper 19th century Acid-free white cotton Don Quichotte cotton interlinking disaster planning damage accession Raymonda manufacture Shanghai Swan Lake needle lace floral ornaments handling display case Silk Brazilian St Gallen Raschel symbolism