- 1. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... or copy? Materials Expenses Time frame What happens to copies afterwards? What resources can a museum offer? Examples Mette Vejgaard Petersen: Reconstruction of the wedding dress of Mette ...
- 2. Clothing and Collecting Policies
- (Working with clothes)
- ... a suit, for example, will be so much easier if you have the blouse that was worn with it, or a wedding dress with the veil. These items might not be offered because they may not have survived or they may ...
- 3. 1962 Dress Memories
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Sartorial memories of a defining year Alexandra Kim ICOM Costume Committee board member In 2012, to celebrate a fabulous fifty years of the ICOM Costume Committee, we asked our members to ...
Costume idioms Useful addresses Queen Elizabeth II details Australia Giselle Leather feelings cross-stitch disaster planning traditional costume exhibition reconstruction embroidery Terminology Useful knit Queen Mary of Hungary Feathers checklist kings' garments documentation wedding dress Guatemala public silk femininity locally made clothes masculine culture handling nurse long and short stitch 19th century Moulins Prince Frederik's coat Comparative items fashion crochet machinery Photographs guidelines cuffs cap stockings museums St Gall Hemp Queen Juliane Marie Ethics Shanghai Flannel padding media insurance Pattern WildWorks self couching José Miguel Carrera packing elasticity accession number