- 1. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... or copy? Materials Expenses Time frame What happens to copies afterwards? What resources can a museum offer? Examples Mette Vejgaard Petersen: Reconstruction of the wedding dress of Mette ...
- 2. Clothing and Collecting Policies
- (Working with clothes)
- ... a suit, for example, will be so much easier if you have the blouse that was worn with it, or a wedding dress with the veil. These items might not be offered because they may not have survived or they may ...
- 3. 1962 Dress Memories
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Sartorial memories of a defining year Alexandra Kim ICOM Costume Committee board member In 2012, to celebrate a fabulous fifty years of the ICOM Costume Committee, we asked our members to ...
padding femininity professional dress Roméo et Juliette reconstruction dust Jute material pattern-taking heavy and awkward handling shoes heavy metals Busts and mannequins Blogs refugees textile weaves machinery 1950s Quick Response mannequin Ribbons database dictatorship crewel stitch Olympic Games cotton Preparing Twitter wool SPECTRUM Belgium Planning pesticide display case French knot dress José Miguel Carrera alpaca hair Useful addresses theatre exhibition knit Canadian Marking Preparing the public cotton print dress masculine culture symbolism Coolmax mannequins fashion interlinking Silk Prince Frederik's coat collecting policy 19th century Pattern Guidelines materials danger