- 1. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... or copy? Materials Expenses Time frame What happens to copies afterwards? What resources can a museum offer? Examples Mette Vejgaard Petersen: Reconstruction of the wedding dress of Mette ...
- 2. Clothing and Collecting Policies
- (Working with clothes)
- ... a suit, for example, will be so much easier if you have the blouse that was worn with it, or a wedding dress with the veil. These items might not be offered because they may not have survived or they may ...
- 3. 1962 Dress Memories
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Sartorial memories of a defining year Alexandra Kim ICOM Costume Committee board member In 2012, to celebrate a fabulous fifty years of the ICOM Costume Committee, we asked our members to ...
textile weaves storage garment Hans Maler conservation festivals giraffe acid-free tag fibers transportation St Gallen hospital cross-stitch 1962 fashionable dress checklist labels stitches Stories dust personal narrative risk lead lace Alto Peru Hemp Cotton collar mauvine long and short stitch health safety Preparing the public French knot chemical lace purse running stitch construction Useful addresses crochet lace collecting policy date photostats marking and labeling apron Weaving prints protection traditional costume Royal Danish Collections archives paper archival materials wearer machinery dress Australia museum Nutcracker SPECTRUM collecting costume