- 1. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... or copy? Materials Expenses Time frame What happens to copies afterwards? What resources can a museum offer? Examples Mette Vejgaard Petersen: Reconstruction of the wedding dress of Mette ...
- 2. Clothing and Collecting Policies
- (Working with clothes)
- ... a suit, for example, will be so much easier if you have the blouse that was worn with it, or a wedding dress with the veil. These items might not be offered because they may not have survived or they may ...
- 3. 1962 Dress Memories
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Sartorial memories of a defining year Alexandra Kim ICOM Costume Committee board member In 2012, to celebrate a fabulous fifty years of the ICOM Costume Committee, we asked our members to ...
mauvine protest dress Useful textile techniques Leather Underwear heavy and awkward handling poison feelings knitted garments date reconstruction care kings' garments accessories pants Photographs label future considerations Identification mannequin identifying lace Canadian collective identity cuffs cap stockings folk dress Chile display case Brazilian photos sash braiding technique exhibition forming details heavy metals skirt Flax lining Publications jacket 20th century crochet Soviet Epoch running stitch textile fibers silk garment Barbados hospital conservation preventive conservation crucifix chemicals accession drama copy portrait reused clothes