- 1. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... or copy? Materials Expenses Time frame What happens to copies afterwards? What resources can a museum offer? Examples Mette Vejgaard Petersen: Reconstruction of the wedding dress of Mette ...
- 2. Clothing and Collecting Policies
- (Working with clothes)
- ... a suit, for example, will be so much easier if you have the blouse that was worn with it, or a wedding dress with the veil. These items might not be offered because they may not have survived or they may ...
- 3. 1962 Dress Memories
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Sartorial memories of a defining year Alexandra Kim ICOM Costume Committee board member In 2012, to celebrate a fabulous fifty years of the ICOM Costume Committee, we asked our members to ...
crochet lace sleeve angel textile technique pattern-taking Planning weaving embroidery exhibition giraffe military uniforms public stockings wool refugees clothes boxes St Gall Reconstruction photographs Balmaceda customs Zuzu mercury fibers Useful addresses beliefs Ribbons tunic receipts Soviet Epoch crucifix transporting Jute ribbon folk culture labeling identifying fabrics opera Munich chemicals shoes labels conservation date pants seamstress Le Lac des cygnes machinery collecting policy Royal Danish Collections storage Heavily altered items stripes personal attitudes fabrics Qing Dynasty transportation feelings alpaca hair