- 1. Reconstructions
- (Displaying clothes)
- ... or copy? Materials Expenses Time frame What happens to copies afterwards? What resources can a museum offer? Examples Mette Vejgaard Petersen: Reconstruction of the wedding dress of Mette ...
- 2. Clothing and Collecting Policies
- (Working with clothes)
- ... a suit, for example, will be so much easier if you have the blouse that was worn with it, or a wedding dress with the veil. These items might not be offered because they may not have survived or they may ...
- 3. 1962 Dress Memories
- (Telling stories with clothes)
- Sartorial memories of a defining year Alexandra Kim ICOM Costume Committee board member In 2012, to celebrate a fabulous fifty years of the ICOM Costume Committee, we asked our members to ...
Mette Bagge Kiær exhibition necklace Heavily altered items contamination beliefs angel Guatemala Social accession receipts Moulins folk culture Jute fabrics undergarments documentation display embroidery care Guidelines conservation manufacture protest dress crochet lace textile technique Nutcracker collective identity knickers Flannel knit seamstress arsenic transportation fibers Costume idioms chain stitch Olympic Games symbolism jacket La Belle au bois dormant Photographs showcase Collections Trust UK stripes cross stitch kings' garments tunic Marking Titian Wool Comparative items chain-link mesh 19th century mannequins gown dress traditional outfit idioms wedding dress